THANK YOU DYNAMIK!

Where are people riding, gear questions, share your ride, etc.

THANK YOU DYNAMIK!

Postby JRN » March 5th, 2013, 8:16 am

Chad, Thanks so much for your part in helping to sponsor & for laying out that grueling upwind leg for the CROSSING course this year. You deserve alot more recognition than you get for all you do to keep the kiting scene vibrant. Maybe next year I can join the fun, & show you how we do it "old-school." ;) See you in SPI soon! JRN
JRN

Re: THANK YOU DYNAMIK!

Postby ScottL » March 5th, 2013, 10:47 am

First, Thanks Chad! And I agree you do deserve more recognition for what you do. Hope to get together for some late season riding yet this spring.
ScottL

Re: THANK YOU DYNAMIK!

Postby chad » March 5th, 2013, 2:11 pm

The 9th annual Mille Lacs Kite Crossing was held this past weekend in Garrison, MN.  We had very light winds on Saturday which postponed the race, but a great day was had by all.  Bright sun and good temps kept everyone's spirits up, and the free beer from Excelsior Brewing was a huge hit.  The bonfire and inflatable couch was a big hit too.  The afternoon also included an epic game of kickball.  Saturday night's banquet was at the VFW, thank you to the VFW for the food.  Lots of free stuff was handed out and everyone was eagerly awaiting Sunday's wind.  Sunday the winds started out light, but everyone was hopeful.  We set the start time for 11 am and the wind cooperated!  The race ended up being 16 miles total, and I think we had 47 people finish the race.  Congrats to the winners of the each of the divisions Bryce Johnson (Men's Ski), Denis Foo Kune (Men's Snowboard), Vicki Hanson (Women's snowboard), and Liz Wilkins (Women's Ski).  A big thanks to Mike Fox, Mike Turner and Bryce Johnson for all of their work coordinating the event.

There were so many great images taken this weekend, and I will have mine up soon.

Take a look at these two galleries for great images:
Jenn Barnett Photography
http://www.facebook.com/jennbarnettphotos

Brainerd Dispatch
http://spotted.brainerddispatch.com/galleries/index.php?id=543048
Chad
Dynamik Kiteboarding
chad
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion